Our application this month comes from one of our System Integrators (SI) who is a part of our Alba Partner Network. It involved transporting CHEP (40” x 48”) and 30” x 35” Winged Pallets with a maximum pallet load of 1,900 lbs.
It was essential to increase safety and minimize fork truck traffic. The perfect solution – MZPA Conveyor (a.k.a. Motorized Zero Pressure Accumulation). We interfaced the end user’s existing pallet loading line with their existing stretch-wrapper. Another key requirement of the project – reduce the installation time; thereby, minimizing line downtime.
By using the MZPA Conveyor (Motorized Zero Pressure Accumulation), the SI’s customer immediately realizes three primary benefits:
All the programming is completed at Alba. Every system is tested/de-bugged prior to shipping.
Two-Fold Cost Savings in the Field – Installation Time and Manpower
Our MZPA Conveyor style is “plug and play.” That means at the time of delivery the customer would do the following: un-skid the equipment, anchor it, drop power to the main control box, and re-connect QD (Quick Disconnect) cables. A fully functioning, no mess-no fuss, conveying system is born! This leads to an extremely quick installation in order to get systems up and running.
All programming is flexible (meaning it can be modified, added to or subtracted from in the future). Versus many printed circuit board accumulation logic cards. Alba can also achieve other configurations besides “non-linear” or “straight line” accumulation. This means we can accumulate around the corner on an “L” shaped system through a turntable or transfer which many logic card type technologies cannot handle.
Motorized Zero Pressure Accumulation Conveyor
Alba supplied over 200’ of conveyor on this project consisting of the following:
- Thirty-Six (36) 4’ 11-1/4″ Model MZPA251140-3.25 Chain Driven Liven Roller Sections with Close Roller Centers of 3-1/4″
- Four (4) 5’ 0″ Model MZPA251140-6 Chain Driven Live Roller Sections with 6” Roller Centers
- One (1) 8’ 0” Model TDST251140-6-3S Chain Driven Live Roller Conveyor with 3-Strand 90° Transfer that went thru the side of the Conveyor and thru the Non-Driven Side Frame
- One (1) 10’ 0” Model TFT251140-6-3S Chain Driven Live Roller Conveyor with 3-Strand 90° Transfer that went thru the Non-Driven Side of the Conveyor
- Allen Bradley 830 PLC
- 1/2 HP Baldor Motor and Dodge Tigear II Reducer in Each Zone
- One (1) 24 VDC Banner Retro-reflective Photo Eye Pre-mounted in Each Zone
- Two (2) 24 VDC Banner Ultra-sonic Sensors Pre-mounted in Two (2) Zones to Detect Fork Trucks
- E-Stop Pull Cord Located Along Entire Length of Conveyor
All motors and devices were pre-wired, tested and de-bugged at Alba prior to shipment. As a result, installation time was greatly reduced in the field. The end user appreciated the ease of installation which helped them get up and running more quickly.
Alba Manufacturing is your full-service, turnkey systems provider for your conveyor application needs. Call us to locate your nearest Alba Partner Network Member to assist with your next project at 866.252.2634 or visit our website at www.albamfg.com